West Northamptonshire Council
The articles below have been added to help you locate a page on West Northamptonshire Council's website.
West Northamptonshire Council -
telephone no.: 0300 126 7000
Find out how to make a payment to West Northamptonshire Council visit www.westnorthants.gov.uk/your-council/make-payment.
WNC wish to consult with the community on current issues
Have your say about West Northamptonshire Council consultations by following this link:
Find current consultations at westnorthants.citizenspace.com/
WNC want to consult and engage with stakeholders so they can inform their decisions. WNC's Consultation and Engagement Framework at www.westnorthants.gov.uk/councillors-and-democracy/consultation-and-engagement-framework-2021 shows how they intend to do this.
Current consultations include:
Variation to the Public Spaces Protection Order - Dog Control and Prohibition of Smoking in specific public places 2022
West Northants Cabinet have approved a variation to the PSPO which now applies to the Northampton area of West Northamptonshire and also includes the requirement that dogs must be on leads at all times at Upton Country Park Phase 2 and also in Northampton Town Centre.
The PSPO was already in place across Daventry and South areas of West Northamptonshire and helps promote responsible dog ownership and now prohibits smoking in certain public spaces across the whole of West Northamptonshire.
The Order will come into effect from 3rd October 2023.
The requirements and restrictions of the variation to the Order are summarised as follows. Anyone who is in control of a dog in a public place must:
- pick up after the dog immediately
- have the appropriate means to pick up after that dog
- prohibit dogs from entering the following: children’s play areas; schools when open and in use by pupils; skateparks; tennis courts; multi-use games areas (MUGAs) and bowling greens
- keep the dog on a lead when in: Cemeteries; burial sites; graveyards; memorial gardens; allotments; car parks; sports grounds, fields and pitches, when in use for authorised sporting activity; land near the café area at Daventry Country Park; Northampton Town Centre; Land at Upton Country Park Phase 2 (land between Kislingbury and Upton) and near schools when open and in use by pupils
- put the dog on a lead when requested to do so by an Authorised Person
- restrict the number of dogs that can be walked by one person to a maximum of 4 dogs at any one time, unless they are a licensed boarder, breeder or dog day care provider whereby a maximum of 6 can be walked at any one time.
- smoking of tobacco, tobacco related products, smokeless tobacco products including electronic cigarettes, herbal cigarettes or any illegal substances is prohibited in the following areas: Children’s play areas; land near schools when open and in use by pupils; skateparks; tennis courts; multi-use games areas (MUGAs) and bowling greens.
A £100 fixed penalty notice (FPN) may be issued if you fail to comply with any of the requirements or restrictions contained within the varied PSPO.
For further information visit www.westnorthants.gov.uk/community-safety-and-emergencies/public-spaces-protection-orders-pspos