Annual Assembly of Parish Meeting 2023
The Annual Assembly of the Parish meeting took place in the Village Hall on Wednesday 17th May 2023.
The assembly included presentations from:
- David Smith, Chair of Cosgrove Parish Council, who presented the annual report and thanked all our village volunteers.
- Jenny Evans, clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to Cosgrove Parish Council, who outlined the current financial situation of the PC.
- Cllr Ian McCord and Ken Prichard, Ward Councillors, WNC.
- Jude Basari, Executive Head, Cosgrove Village Primary School.
- Cedric Brasey, Chair, Village Hall Committee.
- Mr Terry Cavender, Executive Officer and Trustee, Buckingham Canal Society.
- Mr Andy Bush and Mr Wayne Evans, Furtho Development Opposition Group (FDOG).
The Assembly was considered to be well received, and Jenny Evans, Parish Council Clerk, will be following up with attendees to ask for their thoughts on the Assembly and whether there's anything the community would prefer to be covered next year.
The Planning application for warehouses alongside Stratford Road and Old Cosgrove Road, titled AL5 Furtho Pit by WNC, is a major concern to all in Cosgrove, Old Stratford and surrounding towns and villages. The presentation by Andy Bush and Wayne Evans included the launch of FDOG's Facebook and website 'Stop3000TrucksHere.org', launched to create further awareness of the implications anticipated if the application is approved.